Thursday, June 23, 2011

Germany - Day 5 Part II - Koln Cathedral

The interior photos of the Cathedral will have to be broken into two post due to the number of them and the Bloggers dislike for too many photos. Most of the photos need no commentary and I have to confess that I don't know what all the objects in the photos are due to a lack of time to read about them and an my inability to read German (the largest of the two issues). Below are some of the sculptures surrounding the doors as you enter.



It was pretty dark inside the Cathedral....my camera and I were challenged. Of course, I had no tripod.

























Church leaders are entombed inside the church on the main floor and in lower catacombs.



Relics from the Three Kings are held in the gold box under the temporary scaffolding.








Elaborate mosaics cover the floors.













The remaining photos are next.

No comments:

Post a Comment