Friday, January 15, 2010

Hawaii - Day 1 - Travel to Oahu

As I mentioned in the previous blog, our flights went well. We had three hours between flights in Denver so we made good use of the time by eating at Pour La France.
You can only eat so long. The rest of the time you sit.


Our Boeing 767 was ready and waiting.

The ladies got a nice lei greeting as we got off the plane in Honolulu.


The two bedroom condo we rented is part of a huge development at Ko Olina and appears to be very new. Everything is top quality. The condo is on the southwestern coast of Oahu so it is away from the very busy Honolulu metro area where most of the tourist go thinking that they have seen Hawaii. Here are a few shots.





We were exhausted by the time we hit the bed just after 10:00 pm. You have to remember the 4 hour time difference. Bed time was actually 2:00 am KC time and we had to get up at 4:00 am the previous day to get to the airport in KC. That is a 22 hour day. The 7 1/2 hour flight from Denver to Honolulu was very tiring with several patches of turbulence.
As I suspected, blogging and enjoying an active vacation are not totally compatible so I am behind from the beginning. It is very late as I complete this first real entry. I spent much of the day learning to hula (again) so my hips hurt and I am tired. I hope you really enjoy the blog. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment