Monday, December 21, 2009

Honey....the animals are eating our Christmas tree

It isn't uncommon for us to see 8 to 10 deer roaming through our yard every day. We love seeing them, but they eat everything Sigrid tries to grow. I guess I would do the same if I were a hungry deer.



Sigrid has a fond spot in her heart for a scruffy little fir tree that is growing wild at the back of our lot near a limestone bluff. This year she decided it would be neat to decorate the little tree with some ornaments.



At sunrise this morning, I saw the deer making their way through the trees and I thought it would make a good photo if they stopped by the tree. And they did.



They kept a pretty good eye on me, but the tree was facinating and probably smelled different.



Oh well.......I guess that after knocking several ornaments off the tree, they might as well eat it too.



Nothing is safe from the deer.




No comments:

Post a Comment