Saturday, May 26, 2012

Baby Deer - 2012

It is that time of year again....the flowers are blooming and so are the baby deer.  Every year we get to enjoy watching the newly born deer play in our back yard and eventually grow to maturity so they can eat our flowers.  They are cute and so delicate as are all baby animals.  I first noticed something in the grass just outside my office window.  I didn't realize it was a deer until I raised the blinds.

Baby deer don't get around well so mother leaves them hiding in the bushes (or grass) while she feeds.  The babies, of course, are still on their mother's milk.  Today, she was gone for about an hour.  I was able to walk right up to the baby for the photos while the baby tried to be still and not draw my attention.  I stayed for only a few seconds because I knew I was frightening to the baby.



 I took this photo from inside the house so you could see how close the deer was to my office.


 You can only lay curled up in a ball for so long before stretching a little.  The baby seemed very calm even with me at the window taking photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment