Thursday, September 15, 2011

KC Royals Game - 9/13/2011

Sigrid and I got free tickets to the Royals game a couple of days ago from a friend. We sat in the HyVee (grocery store) section which requires oxygen masks due to the high altitude but we still enjoyed the game very much.

Sigrid is just getting comfortable with baseball even though we have gone to a number of games in past years. The earlier games weren't as carefree as this game since we were hosting people in a company suite in those days and you don't get to focus as much on the game. We both just enjoy sitting there and soaking up the game.

I played ball almost every day when I was growing up and I was a big Royals fan back when George Brett and Frank White were playing. The player's strike killed my interest in baseball for years and I couldn't even tell you what place the Royals were in or name any of the players. I suspect that I will never enjoy the game as much as I did in the 60's through the mid 80's but we may make time to go to more games in the future.

By the way, it helps a lot when the Royals win and they did beat the Minnesota Twins 4-0 with a couple of Royals home runs.....a great game.

No comments:

Post a Comment