Monday, March 11, 2013

Toy & Miniature Museum of Kansas City - Part 2 of 2 - 2/14/2013

This is a continuation of the first post on the Museum.  I would recommend that you view Part 1 first and then return to this post.  You can get to Part 1 by using the Archive List at the right side of this page.  Click on the Part 1 post link.  You can also scroll to the end of this post and click on the "Older Post" link or you may find that Part 1 comes into view as you continue posting down.

I wasn't much of a Barbie fan as I grew up but his collection is very comprehensive.









Colorful floor tiles.



A Gypsy street vendor doll.



Noah's Arch toy set.






There were several microscopes lined up on a shelf.  As I peered in the scope, I saw fleas that had been dressed in tiny clothing.....unbelieveable.


 I took a photo looking into the scope....not great but it helps you get an idea of what they looked like.


I took this overall shot of the display cabinet so you could appreciate how small the items were....not much bigger than a thumb nail.  I love the miniatures.  I was a model builder as a child so I can appreciate the skill and artistry required to do this kind of work.








Stunning detail!






The following photos are of the rooms in the above house.






I wonder if the cameras work.  I wouldn't be too surprised if they did.





Another overall shot of a display case for the blown glass miniatures.





A full sized glass provides perspective for the smaller items.





After touring the museum. I treated Sigrid to her favorite Chinese food at Bo Lings.  This was our first visit to their new restaurant on the Country Club Plaza.....very nice.  The food is superb and the decor was beautiful.







We eat in the "Off hours" to avoid the crowds.  We got to eat with the staff today.  The food is free for them.



What a great day....much better then I expected.  We would heartily recommend the Toy and Miniature Museum to any one who enjoys this kind of thing.  It is worth traveling for if you don't live in Kansas City.  Here is the web site if you want to learn more.


No comments:

Post a Comment